Evil Academy

Full Version: Breaking: Cop shot near MIT, more explosions, police chase suspects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
CAMBRIDGE (CBS) – MIT has sent out an alert to students about a reported shooting near the Stata Center on campus.

Police officers from several agencies are on scene. MIT has told students to stay indoors.

The alert on MIT’s website reads, “Please stay clear of area until further notice. Unknown if injuries have occurred. Although the situation is considered active and extremely dangerous, an investigation is underway.”

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/04/18/sh...it-campus/

edit: UPDATE in my next post.
Is all this shit being done to disarm the citizens? why is all this shit happening at once. Someone fill me in, cliff notes pleaseSmile

Meh, shit like this happens all the time in the US.

The only problem is that in white or asian-majority neighborhoods it is relatively rare. It's not common for shootings to happen on college campuses, even at USC, which used to be part of the ghetto.

6000 people were shot to death in Chicago last year alone. Chicago is roughly 80% or so black, I believe.

Sent from my Samsuck Clone 7.0 using Crapatalk
WATERTOWN — A scene of chaos descended on Cambridge and Watertown late Thursday night and early Friday morning, as police confirmed an MIT police officer was shot and killed, and an apparent carjacking led police on a wild chase into Watertown.

Witnesses in Watertown said they heard explosions. Police officers were screaming about improvised explosive devices. Authorities would not comment on whether the events were connected to Monday’s Boston Marathon bombing. At least one of the suspects in Watertown appeared to be a man in his 20s.

Dozens of police officers descended on Watertown Square after midnight. Separately, MIT’s website reported just after 1 a.m. the suspect in the university officer’s shooting remained at large.

FBI agents were on the scene in Watertown. “This is still extremely dangerous,” an FBI agent said. The Cambridge bomb squad arrived in Watertown shortly after 1:30 a.m.

A man in handcuffs was being questioned by the FBI in the back of an ambulance.

At Arsenal Court and Arsenal Street in Watertown, an officer bellowed: “Ya gotta get outta here. There’s an active shooter here with an active explosive. Go!”

Police were demanding that cellphones be turned off.

The officer, who has not been identified, was shot multiple times at 10:48 p.m., according to the Middlesex district attorney’s office. No one else was hurt, and no ­arrests had been made by early Friday.

The manhunt fanned out from ­Kendall Square over an area that has endured a tragic and tumultuous week, in the aftermath of the fatal explosions at Monday’s Boston Marathon. There was no report of a connection between the two events, but the swarm of sirens and circling helicopters rattled a region already on edge.

Police from several agencies were conducting a manhunt for the gunman across the school campus and on the T’s Red Line, according to authorities.

MIT and Cambridge police responded to a report of shots fired at 10:48 p.m. Thursday near Main and Vassar streets, according to the university.

Police officers and canine units swept the campus, and a big swath of Vassar Street was blocked.

The university issued an alert to students and faculty to remain inside.

An eerie quiet descended on the campus as teams of ­police officers combed the campus block by block. SWAT teams were present.

Police checked bushes and alleys and yanked on doors.

Officers from the MIT and Harvard departments, as well as Cambridge and State Police, were present.

Siddhartha Varshney was walking home from dinner with two friends when they were stopped at the police cordon.

“Initially, we thought they had caught the suspect in the bombing,” the 28-year-old said. But they then learned it was a shooting involving an MIT officer.

“Well, I — honestly — I mean, I can’t think what I make of it. The situation is a little tense,” he said. “And I hope that whoever he is gets caught.”

Few seemed to be out on the campus at the time of the shooting. One professor, standing feet from the police tape, said he came out of his office when he heard a commotion of sirens and saw ­police lights.

At around midnight, a frantic scene was unfolding at Massachusetts General Hospital, where a dozen police cars arrived with sirens on and several women were brought in by police, looking deeply ­upset.

A police patrol boat could be seen cruising the Charles River, though it did not ­appear that an intensive search was occurring on the water.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/04...story.html
(04-19-2013 03:51 PM)Hellfire Awaits Wrote: [ -> ]Meh, shit like this happens all the time in the US.

The only problem is that in white or asian-majority neighborhoods it is relatively rare. It's not common for shootings to happen on college campuses, even at USC, which used to be part of the ghetto.

6000 people were shot to death in Chicago last year alone. Chicago is roughly 80% or so black, I believe.

I have to question the 6000 gun deaths number. I think 600 may be closer to reality, friend. I think Chicago's around 35% black, but make up like 90% of murders. I'm pretty sure I read that a while back. Detroit's over 90% black, and we've seen what a shithole Detroit is. It makes Somalia look like an attractive vacation destination.
6000 sounds way too high.

even for Chicago.

however I don't doubt they have massive gun deaths.
anyway...

back to the news...

http://www.theage.com.au/world/policeman...2i4xc.html

A Watertown resident has told The Boston Globe how he was awakened about 1am by a huge boom.
“It sounded like a stick of dynamite went off,” Peter Jennings, 33, told the Globe.
“I looked out the window, and it was like nothing I’ve ever seen – blue light after blue light after blue light."

A photo of the suspect being taken into custody in Watertown.

[Image: art-watertown2-620x349.jpg]

An MIT campus policeman was shot multiple times and killed at 10.48pm local time (12.48pm AEST).

That caused the university to go into lockdown, with students advised to remain indoors, as police scoured the area with dogs and a helicopter.

A couple of hours later, gunfire and explosions were reported over a police scanner in Watertown.

Police were responding to reports of a carjacking and the possible shooting of a second officer.

Warnings were issued by police over radio about ‘‘multiple explosive devices.’’ People in the area were told to stay off their mobile phones to avoid setting off any potential bombs.

Police continue to comb surrounding streets.
I just had to get into this thread before someone claimed false flag or government involvement. I know it's coming.
Will they pin this guy with the marathon bombing?

thanks for posting MS!
I just Googled it...depending on the source, there were between 500 and 530 gun homicides in Chicago, and 638 overall.
good estimation skills .. however i'm pretty sure those stats aren't that accurate but it's probably within that ballpark. i'd say less than 1K more than 500
I do remember that they said 2012 was a record year for homicides in Chicago, and that the homicide division of the CPD only has a 30% clearance rate at this point, due to the whole "no snitching" and "snitches get stitches" mentality.
"6000" must've just been a typo.
(04-19-2013 04:09 PM)Daniel Carver Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-19-2013 03:51 PM)Hellfire Awaits Wrote: [ -> ]Meh, shit like this happens all the time in the US.

I have to question the 6000 gun deaths number. I think 600 may be closer to reality, friend. I think Chicago's around 35% black, but make up like 90% of murders. I'm pretty sure I read that a while back. Detroit's over 90% black, and we've seen what a shithole Detroit is. It makes Somalia look like an attractive vacation destination.

Sorry, 6000 was a typo.

And I just checked, you are right about Chicago. The 85% comes from the inner city I think, Chicago is sharply segregated among racial lines.

April is wild times.
Reference URL's