Evil Academy

Full Version: Berenstain Bears - Evidence of a Parallel Universe?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

http://berensteinbears.weebly.com/

I don't know. I had moments where I thought about the universe changing, including in the past. I started getting mental about it, so I just had to move on and ignore it. Not sure there is anything to do even if it's true.
[Image: berensteinbears2_zps269igx5c.png]
(08-15-2015 07:07 AM)Rako Wrote: [ -> ]http://berensteinbears.weebly.com/

I don't know. I had moments where I thought about the universe changing, including in the past. I started getting mental about it, so I just had to move on and ignore it. Not sure there is anything to do even if it's true.

I hate to ruin my own thread but I tend to think it's always been spelled "Berenstain".

I could be wrong.

I figured it would be interesting to see everyone here remembers the name being spelled.
80's Cartoon Central lists the name as "Berenstein Bears".

But when you click the link, it changes to "Berenstain Bears".

http://www.80scartoons.net/toons/index.html
Memory is a pretty malleable thing. People probably remember it as "stein" (as I do, BTW) because that's common in Jewish names whereas "stain" is not common in names. I also remember that when Star Wars first came out its subtitle was "Episode IV: A New Hope." I even remember my brother suggesting that there would be 3 prequels. I was absolutely sure of this for a couple decades. However, that was something added to the first theatrical rerelease (in '78 or '79) as I later found out.
I always said "stain" not "stine or Stein"

[Image: 4b4be193726b9709ad6d6a901de70228.jpg]
I also clearly remember "sex in the city" as a tv show. Well, history now records it as always being "sex and the city". My mind has been fucked over these type of things.
My kids have a 1971 Berenstain Bears "The "B" Book" that I just found in their collection of books.

Always has been Berenstain.

But on a somewhat related note-

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2014/06/hi...me-theory/
I had these books and remembered them as BERNSTEIN BEARS.. or possibly BERENSTEIN BEARS

definitely not BERENSTAIN.. no wei no wei

very very interesting DEAN
probably some kind of sick psyop being conducted by the occultists

they were clearly called STEINS and not STAINS
Bernstein or Berenstein.. your memory could fuck that one up easily.

bernSTEIN or bernSTAIN.... your memory would not fuck that one up.. it would be like remembering Bruce Lee as Bruce Li
Memories are a funny thing. They are reconstructed and not retrieved.

You don't remember the thing, you remember the last time you remembered it.

I remember it as Berenstein, because I thought that was what the name was, so that is how I remembered it. It makes more sense in our world.

That's all that has happened here. -stein is a common name ending, but not -stain, so that's how we all filled in the blank the next time we thought about it.
Quote:em_etib 35 points 1 year ago
It was definitely Berenstein. I suck at words. I began reading from a very early age--avid reader by kindergarten--and would sound difficult words out. I would have never pronounced Berenstein if it was spelled with an 'A'. As it was, reading this title, I scoffed at 'BerenSTAIN' who the hell claims Berenstein was BerenSTAIN? That's ludicrous.
Reading the linked post, I got goosebumps all over. Fucking... it's changed to Berenstain? There's just no way in hell I would have learned Berenstein if it was spelled with an 'A'. Just a few years ago I was corrected on how I pronounced wary (I pronounced it war-ee instead of where-ee) because I've always pronounced it as is. What I see is what I say. Another example, epitome. I had never read and then pronounced the word aloud. In my head I always read it 'epi-tome'... mind blown when I suddenly realize the written word epi-tome was actually the spoken word ee-pi-ta-me.
TLDR; I could never have gotten Berenstein from Berenstain. As much as my brain tries to reconcile "reality" with memory, I just can't find a logical explanation as to why it was Berenstein to me if it was spelled with an 'A.'

exactly. this is something you don't get wrong.

whatever is happening with this.. it's weird as hell

super super weird
weird as hell.. how come no one remembers it as berenSTAIN?

stein and stain.. huge diff.

[Image: Thebighoneyhunt3.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Reference URL's