Evil Academy

Full Version: MMA Journalist Marcelo Alonso claims PRIDE is returning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
"Rumor from reliable sources" - go to 4:45

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Exclusi...enko-89661
wouldnt' be surprised if U FIGHT CHEAP tries to revive Pride in Japan to exploit Japanese nostalgia
I so think as well. They appear to be on a demographic death spiral scaling back their shows in Brazil, losing their "mexican" champ and with PPV numbers shrinking. Maybe that is also why Fedor is returning?
Nog's english is very good now!

Pride would work better in the intl market.... bring back the white ring and Japanese production

I think Zuffa is starting to realize their shit product is not viable long term.

they are already starting to change things up and are listening to the core fan base
will they bring back the old production team?

or will it just be cage fighting with a Pride logo?

Will U FIGHT CHEAP swallow their pride and let the japanese do their thing?

OR

ideally the japanese bought the rights back from Zuffa.. and will restart pride? doubtful
I cringe at the thought of hearing Rogan and Goldie doing commentary for Pride. Goldie's rambling and Rogan's screeching would break my heart during a Pride event.
they should definitely try to reassemble Dream Stage Entertainment if they want this to work, it would never have the same flavor with a western production team.
(07-27-2015 12:28 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]ideally the japanese bought the rights back from Zuffa.. and will restart pride? doubtful

I'd love for that to happen, but it would be a dumb move if Zuffa sold the PRIDE brand back to the japanese. The UFC would be in big trouble if they reconquered the japanese market and expanded into China
Zuffa are good businessmen I'll give you that.

They basically bought the name by bsing the japanese about continuing the org under PRIDE WORLDWIDE

didn't happen. they took all the contracts and killed the comp

japanese can be so naive

There is a HUGE UNTAPPED MARKET for a PRIDE-STYLE event with the original Pride rules..

in Japan, Asia they could make it happen since they aren't bound by Unified rules
(07-27-2015 12:30 PM)pilgrim Wrote: [ -> ]I cringe at the thought of hearing Rogan and Goldie doing commentary for Pride. Goldie's rambling and Rogan's screeching would break my heart during a Pride event.

I like Rogan. But the American UFN commentating pairs (especially with Florian) come across as much more professional.

Still, for PRIDE to be PRIDE again under Zuffa ownership, they would need to give back creative control to the Japanese.
i actually loved Mauro Ranallo in Pride.

now he's commentating for the biggest shows in boxing.

remember he got a lot of hate back then, but I defended him
I don't like Rogan or Ronallo personally. Steven Quadros and Bas were the best. They basically kept me watching those early boring Prides. But I think it worked great cause they did those after the fact and were under no pressure to be classy and professional. Now a days though I can't stand any commentary. There's just no point in it. It takes more away from the fight than it gives. The HBO boxing commentators are particularly bad.

As far as this Pride revival, if zuffa has so much as a hint of a role in it, it's gonna suck.
(07-27-2015 12:40 PM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote: [ -> ]Zuffa are good businessmen I'll give you that.

They basically bought the name by bsing the japanese about continuing the org under PRIDE WORLDWIDE

didn't happen. they took all the contracts and killed the comp

japanese can be so naive

There is a HUGE UNTAPPED MARKET for a PRIDE-STYLE event with the original Pride rules..

in Japan, Asia they could make it happen since they aren't bound by Unified rules

They're not good businessmen, they're clowns.
Shutting down Pride in the first place was a horrendously stupid business decision.
The market isn't untapped anymore, ONE Championship is rising up throughout Asia and are now earning some of that decent market share. Zuffa have realized their mistake and are trying to rectify, but I think it may be too little too late. They shut it down when they had the Asian monopoly, now they are reviving it with established competition?
Who could they possibly get to fight for them? They are notorious for low fighter pay, and they can't offer more than the UFC fighters anyway or the fighters would jump ship which means they won't be offering enough to poach from ONE or bellator, especially so since Zuffa are notorious for publically disrespecting their fighters. So will it be filled with UFC drop outs and unheard of up and coming Asians that are not able to get a contract anywhere else?

This will be a travesty and destroy the Pride legacy if it goes through.
What ever happens, DFW better not have anything to do with running it.
[Image: 9OIoGy.jpg]
Then again...

Rickson vs Fedor for their revival show and all is forgiven Tongue
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's