Login | Register

Masonic Tracing Boards of the 3 Degrees
08-16-2013, 10:28 AM
Interesting stuff, note in the first degree, the view is from the outside of the temple, looking in, and the view is from the ground level. You are there because you seek the light.

[Image: lady_frieda_harris_1st_degree.jpg]

1ST DEGREE

The second degree shows a much higher place on the ladder, much closer to the light.

[Image: lady_frieda_harris_2nd_degree.jpg]

The Third Degree you have become the light.

[Image: lady_frieda_harris_3rd_degree.jpg]

http://millvalleymasons.com/lady-freida-harris.htm

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

― Hunter S. Thompson

http://www.conspiracynews.net
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2013, 10:38 AM
RE: Masonic Tracing Boards of the 3 Degrees
I got my 3rd degree, there was no light figuratively or otherwise. I did however make a decision to leave, based upon the lacklustre arrival, mixed with a bit of a lame journey.

Ive never understood the fascination with the Masons. If your curious go join, its a building generally full of old stinky dudes, who want to get away from their wives and eat someone else's food.
08-16-2013, 10:43 AM
(08-16-2013 10:38 AM)what one Wrote:  I got my 3rd degree, there was no light figuratively or otherwise. I did however make a decision to leave, based upon the lacklustre arrival, mixed with a bit of a lame journey.

Ive never understood the fascination with the Masons. If your curious go join, its a building generally full of old stinky dudes, who want to get away from their wives and eat someone else's food.

I'm fascinated by esoteric symbolism, always have been, the Mason's are a great source of entertainment and wonderment for me. I have gone through the motions of enquiring about joining but every one I talk to seems to be an old stinky dude who hasn't got a spiritual or esoteric bone in his body. I'd join tomorrow if I knew that they'd teach me something.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

― Hunter S. Thompson

08-16-2013, 10:46 AM
Learn by reading or get a first hand experience. You too may be slightly old and malodorous redneck
08-16-2013, 11:24 AM
yeah. most masons are not aware of the esoteric aspect.

it is quite interesting and I think it's the ambient religion of the anglo-protestant countries.
08-16-2013, 11:24 AM
(08-16-2013 10:38 AM)what one Wrote:  I got my 3rd degree, there was no light figuratively or otherwise. I did however make a decision to leave, based upon the lacklustre arrival, mixed with a bit of a lame journey.

thx for the story

Those who know, know! Big Grin
08-16-2013, 11:30 AM
Not a story ey, I was a Freemason and have my 3rd degree

I actually believe if you are interested in esoteric ritual practices you should join. The stinky old dudes and other peoples food is just an added bonus.

If you really want better effect from esoteric rituals empower yourself and do them on your own
08-16-2013, 11:32 AM
lol. I dont' think I would join.. I am just interested in them because they have had a huge effect on history.. maybe not now.. but prior to 1950 I think they were very influential.

If I wanted to join something I'd rather join the open secret society, The Universal Roman Church.
08-16-2013, 11:33 AM
I think the RCC is mystical, has initiational rituals (baptism) and they are hitting at some universal truths.

they also have the longest lineage.. almost 2000 years.

but I am not really superstitious, so I dont' think I would join anything.
08-16-2013, 11:36 AM
(08-16-2013 11:33 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  I think the RCC is mystical, has initiational rituals (baptism) and they are hitting at some universal truths.

they also have the longest lineage.. almost 2000 years.

but I am not really superstitious, so I dont' think I would join anything.

The RCC uses a lot of ceremonial magic, rituals can be very powerful.

― Hunter S. Thompson

08-16-2013, 11:40 AM
yeah. that is why they are a threat to the other esoteric orders.. they understand the power of mysticism and rituals.

Freemasonry is fascinating and they most definitely had a hand in overthrowing various monarchies around the world.
08-16-2013, 11:46 AM
Symbolic Death and Rebirth is a very common theme across many religions and primitive societies.

Masonry also has this with the 3rd degree.

modern man has lost touch with initiatory rites.. so they seek it through avenues like freemasonry or pseudo-occult orders.

Christianity retains some aspects of initiation but it is a bit watered down and is not exclusive.
08-17-2013, 09:18 AM
Bachelors- 1st degree

Masters- 2nd degree

PHD- 3rd Degree

Post-Doc- Appendant Degrees.

Coincidence?

probably.
08-17-2013, 11:00 AM
(08-17-2013 09:18 AM)EVILYOSHIDA Wrote:  Bachelors- 1st degree

Masters- 2nd degree

PHD- 3rd Degree

Post-Doc- Appendant Degrees.

Coincidence?

probably.

Not a coincidence, also the uniform of a graduate is esoteric in it's symbolism. The black robe of Saturn and the flat cube on the head which they refer to as a 'mortar board', clearly a masonic sounding term.

[Image: mc19lawyers_20120519202427512818-420x0.jpg]

― Hunter S. Thompson

08-17-2013, 12:57 PM
yeah. I'm also wondering about why it's a "square" hat

perhaps they've squared your mind and you're approved for society?

just throwing some ideas out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Are IOOF and the K.O.C. Masonic? Rako 18 154 04-22-2014 08:49 PM
Last Post: Redneck
  1975 Masonic Connery-Cain Movie. The Man Who Would Be King Redneck 25 1,258 04-13-2014 10:25 PM
Last Post: Redneck
  Masonic Scottish Rite, Stomping on the Pope's Hat EVILYOSHIDA 25 797 03-10-2014 06:47 PM
Last Post: EVILYOSHIDA
  Masonic Images On Skateboard Graphics, Zoo York, etc johan 5 421 01-05-2014 09:12 AM
Last Post: EVILYOSHIDA